Saturday 12 September 2009

Hiya peeps

Hiya

After being inspired of seeing my Facebook friend, Jon write reviews on Studio Ghibli films, I thought using a blog would be a good idea to review anime characters for my website. I own four Facebook groups (which were my ideas) which are dedicated to heroes, heroines, villians and sidekicks in the anime world. They originally were meant for characters from Studio Ghibli anime films but when I started watching other anime films, I felt they should get a mention too. The four Facebook groups can be found here:

ANIME PRINCE

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42780271231

ANIME PRINCESS

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42436487044

ANIME VILLIAN

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63349861928

ANIME SIDEKICK

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17267454966

The original main site can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/ecco1983/studioghibli/

However, Geocities is going down and although I now have a new host and link, I am still transferring my data. On the old site though, there is a section why I analyse each character as to why they deserve to be mentioned. Trying to write them all for a site seemed a daunting site so thanks to Jon's influence, I thought I'd take each character one at a time and write my thoughts down on this blog and then transfer the data onto the new site.

Basically, what I will mention for each new character is:

a) Name (duh)
b) Film and Year (both English and Japanese titles)
c) Voices (as many actors will be mentioned as possible but mainly the Japanese and English dubs will be mentioned)
d) A review of the character in general
e) Comparision to as many dubs as possible

Although the name of the sites have changed, for now, I will be stating whether they are a Ghibli character or an Honorary character

* An OFFICIAL Studio Ghibli Prince is a male character which is featured in a Studio Ghibli film.
* An HONORARY Studio Ghibli Prince is one that doesn't come from the Studio Ghibli World but is part of anime and was suggested by a fan..

Each character will be chosen COMPLETELY AT RANDOM and no section or film will be done in consecutive blogs. For example, if I was to write about a Princess from "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" in one entry, no Princess or any character from "Laputa" will NOT be mentioned in the next entry. Otherwise, I will just write whoever I feel comfortable about writing/analysing about at the time. There will not be any favouritism at all and I will make the entries varied.

So hope you enjoy reading them and do not be afraid to post your thoughts on any entries. Sadly, I will have to approve all comments first but hopefully, people can post anonymously (ie if you do not have a Blogspot account)

Blessed Be!

Helen
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment